Tips for Selling Your Florida Home in a Hurry
Selling a home can be a nerve-wracking process, especially when it has to be done quickly. However, the good news is that real estate agents say that selling a house in a rush is almost always a good idea. The reason for saying this is because if a home stays longer on the market, the more likely it is to get a lower offer. Luckily, this won’t be your case. There are a few marketability-related tactics for selling your Florida home in a hurry.
Your Selling Options
Before we jump into the actual strategies to help you sell, let’s look at your options. For example, suppose you want to unload your house fast, arrange a move with a professional relocation company, and leave Florida for California. In that case, you should first decide how you want to appeal to your potential buyers. Here are some of the options to consider.
- Sell for cash – The best-case scenario would be to find a buyer with a cash offer. However, specific steps in selling, like inspection or appraisal, add to the time.
- Hire a top-notch agent with expertise in selling homes fast – The majority of potential buyers (88% of them in the last year) hire a real estate agent to negotiate the best offer. Since Florida is a hot seller’s market, this would be the most appealing option for you if you are not desperate for a cash offer.
- Sell it yourself to a person of trust – Finally, if you have a relative or a friend who wants to buy your house, you can do it yourself. This option will save you the agent’s commission but leave you with all the prep work, staging, pricing, contract, and so on.
Listing & Sell Quickly
Whichever selling strategy you select, it would be beneficial to follow the tips below to ensure a quick and smooth sale.
Tip 1: Price it reasonably
Pricing is the most critical part of this whole process. Your trusted agent will advise you to keep your emotions out of this mix and decide on a reasonable number you won’t lower once asked. However, it would be good to trust your agent on this. It’s best that you, together with your agent, choose a number that makes sense once you evaluate comparable homes in the local area.
Tip 2: Take care of any quick repairs
Since you don’t have time for major renovations, it’s vital to tackle easy fixes that deter potential buyers. The most common easy holes are fixing loose tiles, tightening leaky faucets, repairing door handles, and patching spots where paint is scratched.
There are always few minor repairs worth investing in if you want to sell for a better price, such as painting the interior walls, change the hardware throughout the house, change the old fixtures, or purchase new matching appliances.
Tip 3: Be serious about staging your house
The importance of staging a home for selling is crucial. It is especially true when it comes to selling your Florida home in a hurry. Since you won’t have time for any major renovations, it’s essential to work with what you’ve got and make it look flawless. An excellent place to start is the CDD, as we like to call it.
Clean, declutter, depersonalize
Get a storage unit and pack away any extra possessions or large furniture pieces that make your home seem crowded and trim.
Once you moved that out of your way, make sure you dedicate some of your time to organizing your closets and pantry. This is a crucial step since many of us will cram our extra belongings into storage places. However, having nicely organized storage is essential for your potential buyers, and you want to make everything count.
Furthermore, you want to make your home as depersonalized as possible. The goal is to make it neutral and easy for your potential buyers to imagine themselves living there. Apart from this, decluttered and personalized houses seem bright, breathable, and inviting. So, make sure you get rid of any family photos and children’s s drawings around the house.
Finally, it’s time to clean your house thoroughly. It would be best to do a deep clean of every room in the house, including all the hard accessible places. Again, if you are short on time, you should consider hiring a professional cleaning service to get this done for you.
Adding Curb Appeal with Proper Home Staging
It’s a fact that you will only benefit if you spend a weekend sprucing up your home’s interior and exterior. However, if you are on a strict schedule and extremely short on time, there are always professionals who can take care of everything.
- Staging your home will make it appear bigger, lighter, and having a more defined space. However, you don’t want to neglect this step because you want to make your house feel warm and welcoming to your potential buyers.
- Increasing your curb appeal will instantly boost the value of your home. The good news is that you don’t have to do anything extraordinary to make it look nice. The things that count in curb appeal are a nicely mowed lawn, clear path and walkways, trimmed hedges and overgrown tree branches, planted flowers, a repainted front door, a matching mailbox and house number, a clean and inviting porch.
Tip 4: Hire a professional photographer
Potential buyers will choose which houses to check out based on the photos and videos they see. So having amateur photos and a few of them might significantly lower your chances of selling your home quickly.
Therefore, the best option would be to have pictures and videos of your home professionally taken. Even though you will pay additionally for this service, the benefits outweigh the cost, for sure.
Tip 5: Write a good listing description
Once you make your house ready and decide on the price, it’s time to make a listing description that will help you sell it fast. Again, if you trust your real estate agent, they will do this step for you. First, however, it’s essential to know the features of a good selling description.
A listing description that sells will highlight your home’s best features, using adequate keywords, have professional photos, include a sense of urgency, for example, “The offers have to be submitted by …”. In addition, they will consist of information that makes the neighborhood desirable, like proximity to public transportation or the school district.
Whether you are switching jobs or selling a house for a financial or personal situation, there are always ways to make your home presentable and attract strong offers in a short time. Make sure you follow our tips on decluttering, boosting your curb appeal by landscaping and taking care of your lawn, and having the photos professionally taken to ensure success in selling your Florida home in a hurry. Good luck!